Imagination has always been the key to innovation. Imagination to create, to avoid monopoly of doing things one way, imagination to minimize time investment, to make things extraordinary – innovation through technology! Things that was once improbable are now available at your desk, your office, your home and your kitchen.
Speaking of technology, the internet and it’s role in our daily life cannot be ignored. Be it robotic presence in the form of actual two legged robots in Japan or a simple ‘Siri’ on one’s iPhone that makes things happen without much effort, technology now has an extended presence in our lives. From surfing through the contents that were once found only in the encyclopedias or other chests of knowledge in the humble ‘Google search’ or creating just about anything with the help of Youtube, the role of the internet technology is immense. Connecting people worldwide and wrapping up board meetings via Skype or simply hiring professionals half way across the globe to meet up your requirements, settling payments across the waves of the internet, these are just the glimpse of the world that is now one of the basics or necessities of our daily life.
When it comes to automation playing a role in our workspaces, the Internet of Things (IoT) has set forth its steps within this realm as well.
Defining an Intelligent Workspace
Be it a smartphone, a smart watch, smart glasses or smart data (cloud computing) – an intelligent office has the ability to observe, create, restore and deliver work with the help of man and machine interaction. Being able to monitor any faults in production or getting notified when supplies are running low, being able to navigate your deliveries or to automate your response to clientele, IoT is all about intelligent working. Incorporating these elements into your workspace tags it as an intelligent workspace.
When IoT Embraces Workspaces!
Although IoT has it’s presence in most of our homes and kitchens, it’s existence in the workspace segment has touched a another level! Speaking of real life examples of IoT in workspaces, there are global companies that have set yet another benchmark in this genre. Glimpses of IoT are as below:
- Sensor controlled Curtains and Lights: The ability to regulate the intensity of lighting a space, room or larger area with the help of mapping technologies allows offices to hire cost effective measures for their ergonomics. Sensors make use of mapping technology of every square foot of space to make informed decisions as to when to switch on or off the lights based on movements in the area. Curtains can be opened or shut based on remote controlled application on one’s smartphone.
- iRobot’s AVA500: In collaboration with Cisco, iRobot’s innovation is a robot that, with the help of inbuilt mapping technology, allows users to conduct and participate in video conferences, tele-conferences with a more than ever realistic presence. These iRobots can be used by iPads and phones and have an inbuilt notification system where in they can docked for charging anywhere within the office premises. Thus, bringing a whole new definition to flexibility, iROBOT is the next move in office automation.
- Talking Cushions: Inserting chips within cushions is the new thing. They access who is being seated and based on their needs that are fed into the system, switch on and off lights, fan, air condition etc.
- Google glass: Internet connected glass containing camera, microphone and display, revolutionizing the market.
- Wifi enabled bell: You might just be thinking about eliminating the reception staff, but not so soon although this one is quite a thing. Answering the door based on your decision after it send pictures of who is at the door.
- Smart Notification software: Knows just when to send you notifications based on how you use your devices.
- Air quality managers: The temperatures can not only be regulated to remain even or personalized but also refresh the air within the workspace.
Saving things on the server initially felt a little too forthcoming and an almost security breach issue. But with the advancement of technology and the efficiency promised by the names behind it, cloud computing is now the base of all data storage. The freedom it establishes cannot be matched. Whether it is saving important documents or simply sharing valuable data across servers, cloud computing has become the game changer. The ability to grant access to users from any place across the globe, cloud computing enables the much needed freedom.
Whether its a Meeting room or an Event space, monitoring the security of your workspace via your smart phone with various safety devices is only the beginning. IoT has got its presence in every realm of things today. From whiteboards which are wifi enabled to audio visual devices adorned with the internet to create 3D presence felt during meetings, IoT has made its mark on the way technology is influencing our daily work life. Fetching these services at your work premises might sound like a lump-sum investment but when it comes to the rising trend of co-working, workspaces are established with all these facilities and more to wrap the attention of professionals who are in search for their ideal office space.
SNEED a work space aggregator, another innovation in today’s era of creativity meeting technology, is here to assist you with your ideal work space in the location of your choice at the time of your preference. It brings at your service a plethora of ideal meeting rooms, work spaces that are available at the time you prefer while you travel around the city creating innovations!